SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
Making Connections: Libraries at the Heart of Community
Share brews and views with our esteemed panel of civic leaders as they discuss how libraries enrich and transform communities.
- Lenny Mendonca, Moderator, co-founder of the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, Director Emeritus of McKinsey and Company.
- Alex Castillo, Establishing Citywide Gateways to Citizenship, Fuse Corps Fellow at Los Angeles Public Library.
- Cameron Johnson, Libraries Helping Address Digital Gaps and Tech Access, San Mateo County Libraries Governing Board, City of San Carlos Council and Director of Product Innovation, Netflix.
- Rick Kowalczek, Library Facilities as Community Gathering Places, Open Welcoming to Everyone, San Mateo County Libraries Governing Board, City of Half Moon Bay Council, Founder and Managing Partner of Medallurgy, LLC.
- Jane Yuster, School/Library Connections to Support Learning, Superintendent of Schools Cabrillo Unified School District
OCTOBER 19, 2017
A conversation with Dan Shugar CEO and Founder of Nextracker
Nextracker is on a mission to mitigate climate change by deploying solar power worldwide. With a combined 150 years of solar experience and 3GW of solar installations, NEXTracker strives to make solar energy a mainstream power source.
NOVEMBER 2, 2017
A conversation with Stephanie Cohn Rupp Managing Director of Threshold Group
At Threshold Group, we use our innovative social impact investing methodologies to help align your investments with interests that matter most to you―all with the intent of generating not only measurable impact on your interests, but also on your financial goals.
NOVEMBER 16, 2017
Smart Guns and Firearm Safety Technology
A conversation with Margot Hirsch President of Smart Tech Challenges Foundation
Smart Tech Challenges Foundation funds innovators creating smart guns and firearm safety technologies for American gun owners. Gun owners will benefit from technologies that will help prevent injuries and deaths if a firearm falls into the wrong hands.
DECEMBER 7, 2017
Race Dialogs Part 2
A conversation with Mary Webb and Kate Mayer
Now more than ever people of different backgrounds and races need to come together to share differences and common ground. Mary and Kate are inspiring others to start their own race discussion groups in order to break down racial barriers.