Six Reasons to Visit Half Moon Bay for the Holidays
There are many reasons to visit the Half Moon Bay coast any time of year, but our Coastside is especially inviting during the Holidays.
Here is a taste of what is happening during the 2018 Holiday season:
- Cut your own Christmas tree - You won't find a better selection of Christmas tree farms anywhere in the Bay Area where you can select and cut down your own tree. If you prefer your tree already cut and trimmed, Half Moon Bay has plenty of freshly cut tree lots to choose from as well. Bring your entire family and enjoy a great day visiting the coast.
- Night of Lights: December 7th, 6-9 pm – Visit downtown Half Moon Bay during the Night of Lights and you’ll find our trees decorated in dazzling lights, while many stores stay open late so that you can do some holiday shopping in unique coastal shops. The Night of Lights generally features a tree lighting ceremony in Mac Dutra Plaza, a Parade of Lights down Main Street, carolers, musical entertainment, roasted chestnuts, and activities for the kids.
- December 8th - Harbor Boat Lighting – Come down to Pillar Point Harbor for our 31st Annual Boat Lighting Contest and Festival. You will be awed, not only by the lighted boats, but also by the beautiful reflection of the lights on the water. Afterwards, join us for dinner and free live music at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company.
- Mavericks Challenge – This season’s world famous surfing challenge can be held any time between November 1st, 2018 and March 31st 2019. Half Moon Bay gets some of its biggest waves during December and January. If/when the Mavericks Challenge contest happens, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company streams it live.
- Bird watching and California sea lions at Pillar Point Marsh – In the Winter months, visitors to Pillar Point Marsh can expect to see Birds of Prey, including the Northern Harrier, Sharp Shinned Hawk, Ferruginious Hawk, and Rough-Legged Hawk as well as shorebirds like the Dunlin, Common Loon, Pacific Loon, Great Egret, Surf Scoter, Semi-palmated Plover, Black bellied Plover, Willet, Whimbrel, Long-billed Curlew, Black Turnstone, Surfbird and Western Sandpiper. Be sure to follow the trail around the point to the breakwater and tide pools on the far side of the marsh.
- Winter sunsets – Any sunset along the ocean is memorable, but we especially love our local winter sunsets. The air is crisp and recently cleansed by winter rains. The result is spectacular, especially from Half Moon Bay Brewing’s oceanside restaurant. To reserve a sunset view table, please call us at: (650) 728-BREW (2739) or visit opentable.com
To book your corporate party or family gathering for the holidays at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company or Mavericks Event Center please contact us at: (650) 728-2739 ext. 3.
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is an award-winning, oceanside brewery and restaurant that is a favorite for locals and a destination for world travelers to come together to celebrate beer, friends, and fun.